Friday, May 12, 2006

From This Day On..!





So, I was out for lunch yesterday with a couple of office friends and the topic that came up was " Would you rather be single and unhappy or married and unhappy ? One of my friends very matter of factly put it as " If its not an abusive relationship , I'd rather be unhappy in a marriage ".

Is it so important for us to be married ?I completely believe in the institution and I want it for myself. My only qualm is why getting married becomes the be-all and end-all of our existence the minute we turn 25 ?Why is it that the entire assortment of aunts and uncles at every marriage function, colony meeting and every other conceivable get-together ask you just the same few questions:

Q. Are you working ?
A.Yes, I am.
Q.How old are you ?
A.27.
Q.( with a slight raising of the eyebrow which can be caught only by the trained eye ) Aren't you MARRIED ?
A.No(Sheepish smile when I actually feel like saying the reason I am not is because I have tiny devil horns that pop-out every night)
Q.OoooooH! But you are such a pretty girl?I am sure you are hiding someone ? ( looking at my mother ) I am sure she has a boyfriend at work !
( Me thinking - Yeah right!- like I would want to hide that !!)

All I am saying is that instead of a rush -rush into something that is so important give us the time to understand who we are, what we want and what makes us happy.What kind of person would make us feel like our lives mean something.Who would I like to share my dreams with ?

So when I say I DO ! I mean it for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home