Thursday, May 11, 2006

Single-o-Phobia





Its all about being alone ... something most of us are scared of.I know I am.

I also know that I have made many decisions, most of them completely wrong because of this fear.I tell myself this is not correct. After all I am an educated, confident Woman of Today; that I'd rather be alone than be with someone who doesn't make my heart skip a beat, but as you see friends, sisters, brothers, cousins and second cousins etc. find their SPECIAL SOMEONE, you do tend to wonder if all the Mills & Boons you've spent years reading are really true ?

Every once-in-while the thought grabs at you late at night and whispers into your ear and says"I am alone"!

Before you think I am absolutely crazy .. hold on ! I wasn't always like this but I have been through certain experiences in the past few years which have enhanced the fear.I have in the recent past even approved of a potential suitor ( met him through my parents ) because he was the correct height and worked in a good company.

But that kinda struck me cause I was ready to change myself completely and become someone I failed to recognize.The good news is that it didn't go too far, the other good news is that it was the proverbial kick that I needed.

I am still scared of what the future holds but I also know that I like ME too much to become somebody who exists only as a " Mrs. Me-Somebody ".

Life's just started again.. and I plan to enjoy the journey a lot more .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home